|Military designation: M55302. Proprietary designations: MB, DB, I/O, PC. Rectangular connectors for
attachment to printed circuit boards. Offers high contact density capability. Contain Bristle Brush
contacts, consisting of multiple strands of high tensile strength wire that are bundled together to form a
||Military versions meet MIL-DTL-55302/166 through /172.
|For mounting to printed circuit boards or discrete wires.
Body styles offered:
Flexibility in mating:
- Mother board
- Daughter board
provide up to 256
- End to end
- Parallel boards
- Wire to boards
- Card extenders
|Brush contact termination. (Also called B3 contacts).
- PCB throughhole solder
- Wire wrap (MB only)
- Crimp to discrete wires (Input/Output only)
- Solderless complaint into 0.040 plated through holes (MB only)
- 2, 3 or 4 row arrangements with 10 to 100 contacts per row in one contact per row increments.
- 0.100 inch center to center square grid contact spacing.
|Operating temp. from –65°C to +125°C. Connector bodies are high performance glass-filled thermoplastic moldings.
Connector configurations are capable of supporting data rates up to 400 Mbps. Bristle Brush contacts provide:
- Low mating/unmating forces - 70% to 90% reduction from conventional pin and socket contacts.
- Proven durability and long contact life - over 20,000 cycles of mating and unmating without performance degradation.
- Multiple points (14-17) of contact per mated contact.
- Intermittency-free performance.
- Redundant current paths (stable, low resistance).
- Proven electrical and gas tight contact sites.
- Medical Equipment
- Military and Commercial Aviation
- IC Chip Testers
- Military Vehicles
- GPS Systems
- Space applications
- Factory Automation
- Locking screws and bushings are available for attaching connectors to boards.
- Contact styles available: straight, 90 degree, PCB stub, wire wrap and crimp.
- Small 10-contact arrangement styles are available with option of multi-colored moldings for color coding applications.